Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Little over 6 month update :)

Last week marked 6 months on the diet I started with the Cleveland Clinic instead of choosing gastric bypass my doctor and I decided to give the diet 6 months and decide if I should then go for surgery she thought that was a good option because I was over 400 pounds at that time, I weighed my heaviest at 407 a few days before seeing the doctor in December. I had not been to a doctor in 10 years prior to seeing her that day. I was very nervous but prepared, over prepared I was told..... no one has brought in a folder with a picture of them from the paper just a year prior 100 pounds down from diet and exercise. I had that and a recent diet attempt with a group that met weekly. I lost the first week and GAINED the rest of the challenge. Then all of a sudden the 100 lost turns into 125 gained. That was the old me though...6 months ago I couldn't look in the mirror at myself I was so embarrassed. I couldn't fit in a movie theater seat....restaurant booth...the list goes on. Walking upstairs sometimes made me cry. Again the old me. I have lost 167 pounds since the middle of December 2012 and I am ready to motivate someone else to change. I still dislike my body, but I have to figure out a way to love myself. My advice now is simple. Smile. It really can change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment